What are the top attractions in Siem Reap, Cambodia?
- Angkor Wat: The world's largest religious monument, Angkor Wat is a must-see in Siem Reap.
- Angkor Thom: The ancient city of Angkor Thom, with its impressive temples and palaces, is a must-see.
- Ta Prohm: This temple is known for its massive trees growing out of the ruins.
- Bayon Temple: This 12th-century temple is known for its smiling faces carved into the walls.
- Banteay Srei: This 10th-century temple is known for its intricate carvings and sculptures.
- Tonle Sap Lake: This large lake is home to a variety of wildlife and is a great place to explore.
- Phnom Bakheng: This hilltop temple offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Preah Khan: This 12th-century temple is known for its intricate carvings and sculptures.
- Preah Vihear: This ancient temple complex is perched atop a cliff and offers stunning views.
- Angkor National Museum: This museum offers a great introduction to the history and culture of the Khmer Empire.
What are the best activities to do in Siem Reap, Cambodia?
- Visit the Angkor Wat Temple Complex.
- Explore the Old Market and Pub Street.
- Take a boat ride on Tonle Sap Lake.
- Visit the Angkor National Museum.
- Take a cooking class.
- Go on a jungle tour.
- Take a bike tour of the countryside.
- Visit the Angkor Silk Farm.
- Go on a quad bike tour.
- Visit the Cambodian Cultural Village.
What are the best restaurants to eat at in Siem Reap, Cambodia?
- Marum Restaurant: Serving traditional Khmer cuisine with a modern twist, Marum is one of the top-rated restaurants in Siem Reap.
- The Sugar Palm: This restaurant is known for its delicious Khmer dishes and its unique atmosphere.
- The Blue Pumpkin: This popular bakery and cafe offers a variety of sweet and savory treats, including cakes, pastries, and sandwiches.
- The Lost Plate: This restaurant serves up a variety of international dishes, including Mexican, Indian, and Thai.
- The Red Piano: This restaurant is known for its delicious Italian-inspired dishes, including pastas, pizzas, and salads.
- The Hangout: This restaurant is a great place to grab a bite to eat and enjoy some live music.
- The Yellow Submarine: This restaurant serves up a variety of seafood dishes, including curries, stir-fries, and grilled fish.
- The Sala Restaurant: This restaurant is known for its delicious Cambodian dishes, including soups, curries, and noodles.
In conclusion, Siem Reap, Cambodia is a great destination for travelers of all ages and interests. With its stunning temples, vibrant culture, and delicious cuisine, Siem Reap is sure to provide a memorable experience for all who visit. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an action-packed adventure, Siem Reap has something for everyone. With its rich history, stunning landscapes, and friendly locals, Siem Reap is sure to be an unforgettable destination in 2024.
A giant ferris wheel to open in Siem Reap soon.Built-in Svay Dongkom commune’s Box Ville complex in Siem Reap, the structure will rise 85 meters above the ground. With 48 cabins, the Ferris wheel will be able to carry 192 people at a time. It will be one of the biggest Ferris wheels in the ASEAN region.
This world-class Ferris wheel will enhance the province’s tourism offer, for both national and local tourists. The project will contribute to keeping tourists in the province for longer periods of time.
The investment will not only help keep tourists in the province longer but will also generate jobs for locals. It will help promote Khmer culture to tourists from around the world who visit Siem Reap.
It will also play an important role in establishing new tourism products to attract tourists
Cambodia is known for its fascinating cuisines and colorful dishes, a trip to Siem Reap wouldn’t be complete without at least having the chance to try their delicious food. On this special activity, you won’t only get to try authentic Khmer food but you’ll also learn how to cook their dishes! Experience walking around the local market to find fresh ingredients for the dishes before making your way to a local’s house for the private cooking class. Learn valuable tricks and tips on preparing Cambodian cuisines from your local expert and try your hands at cooking 4 authentic Khmer cuisines that include the savory Fish Amok and the famous Tom Yum. Make your Cambodia trip memorable by joining a fun cooking class that will let you discover the secrets to Cambodia’s most famous dishes.Cambodia is known for its fascinating cuisines and colorful dishes, a trip to Siem Reap wouldn’t be complete without at least having the chance to try their delicious food. On this special activity, you won’t only get to try authentic Khmer food but you’ll also learn how to cook their dishes! Experience walking around the local market to find fresh ingredients for the dishes before making your way to a local’s house for the private cooking class.
Read more ...
Souvenirs at the temples are often for sale in Siem Reap to a lower price. Most items can be bargained with. Do not push it to much as wrongly accused by tourists the price are overpriced. It happens but this should not be your standard approach when bargain with the shop owner.
A simple tactic and ensure to get a good deal, bargain with the shop staff a bit, walk away and check out the same item at a different shop and then go back to the first shop. Then you know you get a good deal and a fair price for you and the shop..
Phsar Leu Market at Road 6
This is the main market for locales in Siem Reap The market is enormous, and has everything you need for everyday living. Prices are lower here than the other two markets in town. Knowing some Khmer numbers comes handy because when asking for a price, most likely the price doubles.
You might not find all souvenirs you are looking for and find at the local market around pub street, but it is a great experience to see how the locals are shopping.
“Experience the most Magical Sunrise in Asia!”
Our Angkor Sunrise combines this magical moment with all of the highlights usually associated with our acclaimed Angkor tour! But in true Vespa Adventure fashion we do things differently to ensure a unique and unforgettable experience that will stay with you forever!
Upon entering the archeological park, we separate ourselves from the other tourists and take you to a hidden and seldom used entrance. There is silence as we cross the lotus filled moat under the moon and the stars. The silence is broken by the early morning chorus of the birds and insects as the sun begins to rise. Still we find ourselves alone until we reach the other side where all the other sunrise visitors are lying in wait with their cameras ready.Your guide will lead you to the best photo spots before retreating once again from the crowds to enjoy what needs to be a peaceful moment of reflection at this World Heritage site. Once the sun has done its thing we then venture into the world’s largest religious building for a guided tour. This is followed by a tasty breakfast (local or western) and a fresh coffee. We then continue to the walled city of Angkor Thom, the Bayon and Ta Prohm (the “Tomb Raider” temple), as well as some lesser known gems. We dodge the big buses by leaving the busy roads behind using hidden trails through the jungle, villages and rice fields – a unique experience that visitors on 4 wheels simply cannot recreate! We then return you to your hotel in time for lunch, with the rest of your day to enjoy!
*Angkor Wat Sunrise Tour Highlights* – Sunrise at Angkor Wat, breakfast, off the beaten track temples, Baksei Chamkrong, Angkor Thom, Bayon temple, Ta Prohm, local village, Angkor Wat.
You can book the Vespa Adventure Tour at Angkor Wat https://vespaadventures.com/product/beyond-angkor-the-lost-temples/